Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

building a MIDI instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.

dries

Greetings,

I'm a real newb in electronics but i'm very persistant on building my own MIDI instrument, I just don't know how exactly :)
but i've been looking things up
I want to buy touch sensitive buttons from yamaha, if you hit these buttons harder on a keyboard they produce more sound
and connect these buttons with a MIDI keyboard encoder. I think it's one button for one switch
here are several MIDI keyboard encoders:

Sound Reseach: MIDI Keyboard Encoders
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

But i'm thinking.. these MIDI keyboard encoders would not work properly with touch sensitive buttons, I think, they would sound the same, whether i hit them soft or hard

I would be very grateful if someone out there could give me some suggestions on this.

thanks

What are you trying to make?, a MIDI 'instrument' (like you said), or a MIDI keyboard like you seem to be asking about.

Do Yamaha sell touch sensitive 'buttons'?.

thanks for the reply :)

well, it's ment to be a MIDI musical instrument
it's like a midi keyboard but the keys will be positioned in a square with rows and columns of keys
So it's hard to use the PCB of MIDI keyboards.

Yeah, you know, you can really find a lot of parts from yamaha

https://www.yamaha24x7.com/yamahaOMS/

thanks,

i'm not sure that's what i need but i found it here,

**broken link removed**

so thank you, nigel and jo,

i think i can continue my project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back