Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build FRS Cradle and Recharger

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbriand

Hey all,

I recently bought 2 pairs of FRS Walkie Talkies (for a grand total of $24 at Walmart). I wanted to make an in-house intercom system.

I was just planning on buying a 4.5 volt power supply and directly connecting it to the units. This would make the mobility of the units rather limited.

So I thought hey could I put rechargeable batteries in the FRS and have a small circuit to keep them them charged (make a homemade cradle or just an input jack for the recharge voltage). I could then remove them from the recharger and carry them around. Kinda like a cordless phone.

Is something like this feasable? One thing I thought of is I have a cordless phone on all three floors of my house. Could I just modify one of those to charge the phone and/or FRS? Just a thought.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back