Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build Error help can't fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar64

Here is the make error im getting its never done it before just kinda showed up today when I opened the file and the code that the error is on is below thanks for the help

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Release build of project `C:\PIC12F509\Programs\LED_Matrix.mcp' started.
Wed Sep 03 18:03:53 2008
Make: The target "C:\PIC12F509\Programs\LED_Matrix.o" is out of date.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPASMWIN.exe" /q /p12F509 "LED_Matrix.ASM" /l"LED_Matrix.lst" /e"LED_Matrix.err" /o"LED_Matrix.o"
Error[116]   C:\PIC12F509\PROGRAMS\LED_MATRIX.ASM 96 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (loop)
Halting build on first failure as requested.
Release build of project `C:\PIC12F509\Programs\LED_Matrix.mcp' failed.
Wed Sep 03 18:03:54 2008
BUILD FAILED

Code:
;******************	Delay Subroutine ( 100 µs )

Delay				; Delay W x 100 µs
		movlw	.25		; Delay = ( N x 4 - 1 + 2 cycles = N x 4 + 1 )
		movwf	dc		; Writes 25 or N to register
loop	        nop				; No Operation
		decfsz	dc,f	; Decrement Counter
		goto	loop	    ; If Decrement Counter is 0 then skips this if its not 0 then it loops untill 0
		retlw	0

Last edited:
haha thanks I tired differet things other then loop and it was saying the same thing but I changed it to dloop and everything is working thanks

also when trying to write it to the PIC im having problems with MPLAB picking the programmer up its a PICkit 2 and im using the latest version of MPLAB and am running Windows Vista any advice ?

also when trying to write it to the PIC im having problems with MPLAB picking the programmer up its a PICkit 2 and im using the latest version of MPLAB and am running Windows Vista any advice ?
Are you saying that MPLAB can not find the PICkit2 ?
What is the actual output window text ?
Does it happen all the time or just now and again ?

You can always try rolling back MPLAB.

I am also using USB don't know if that matters or not and no this a new computer it worked fine on my old one so I don't know whats wrong

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Last edited:
I am also using USB don't know if that matters or not and no this a new computer it worked fine on my old one so I don't know whats wrong

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Try changing the programmer from ICD2 to PICkit2 :)

there's no PICkit 2 at all all just try installing MPLAB from the disk that came with it its a old one though so thats why I didn't want to do it that way

capture_09032008_181608-jpg.22087

Attachments

• Capture_09032008_181608.jpg
    Capture_09032008_181608.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 308
One more thing srry How do I go about doing incurcuit programming since I don't want to keep pulling the PIC in and out ? What do I need to Isolate the PIC from the rest of the compenents I have at home 3 220 ohm resisters but im sure thats not enough what ealse ?

To do ICSP you need to have an ICSP connector on your target and a cable that connects the programmer to the ICSP on the target.

As long as you do not have anything besides the ICSP connector connected to the PGC and PGD pins on the processor/target you do can do ICSP programming as is.

If that does not make sense can you post a link to or a image of your target schematic.

HTH

Last edited:
projects created with older mplab version but opened in the latest mplab version dont show pickit2 at my end also.

So try creating the project afresh and it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back