Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

build digital ac voltmeter...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvilos

hi all,

please help me...
is there any one has digital ac voltmeter 100 VAC - 250 VAC and i can read the reading by using microcontroller...?
or maybe u know the good web site about it,please let me know.

thx's

Basically you use a DC A2D, and convert the AC to DC using a precision rectifier circuit - you then calibrate it for correct reading on a sinewave. If you want a true RMS reading, then you can buy specific (fairly expensive!) chips that will do that for you.

For a crude meter, which presumably is all you need? - you could use an attenuator followed by a simple bridge rectifier with a small capacitor, feeding the analogue input of a PIC (or other micro-controller).

yes......i have build voltmeter but dc voltmeter and using ADC.
i still can't find on google how to make precision rectifier and calibrate it....
please let me know if you have links about this

thank you Nigel for reply me

marvilos said:
yes......i have build voltmeter but dc voltmeter and using ADC.
i still can't find on google how to make precision rectifier and calibrate it....
please let me know if you have links about this

A simple google finds this as the first hit **broken link removed**.

To calibrate it, simply adjust the input attenuator to make it read correctly, you will need another accurate meter to calibrate it against, or a known accurate voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back