Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build a simple robot help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

myfirstrobot

Hello,

I am hoping that someone will read this and help me. Although I deal with pc's and networks and a daily basis, I have never done any robotics until my son asked if we can build one. He is 7. I have read a few books and have a very basic understanding of how I want to proceed.
At this moment in time I do not want to use a Stamp or programmable chip.

I wonder if anyone has a cicuit diagram I could have for a breadboard based robot.
I have 2X 555 chips, 1x556 chip, 2XJR Servos (now Hacked so I can get 360 rotation, a breadboard, a host of capasitors,resistors and diodes, a base,wheels, micro switches and whiskers.

Again I want to avoid programming on my first robot so my son can understand (and me) how the electrical side works first.

All I want is a robot that will move forward until one of its whiskers hits something and then backs up and turns and then continues on its way until it hits something again.

I know I will need a stepper motor control circuit, an H bridge, a 9v supply and a 6v supply.

I just need some help with the circuit diagrams and how to combine the above.

I know I am asking for a lot but I am just hoping someone out there has done this project already and will share their experience with us.

Thank you.

David and Tyler

I got this somewhere, and this is a vietnamese document. But don't worry, you can easily understand how to do this with pictures. The like at the bottom is showed to a vietnamese forum, and I got this there.

Once, I found the source page, but I didn't download it. So, you may try with this document.

Attachments

• mouse_robot.zip
    375.3 KB · Views: 511
I got this somewhere, and this is a vietnamese document. But don't worry, you can easily understand how to do this with pictures. The like at the bottom is showed to a vietnamese forum, and I got this there.

Once, I found the source page, but I didn't download it. So, you may try with this document.

Attachments

• mouse_robot.zip
    375.3 KB · Views: 404
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back