Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build a resettable opto interrupter counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishael

I need to make a calibrator/tester for ticket dispensers at an arcade where I work at. My thinking was an opto interrupter like the ticket dispenser uses to sense when a ticket goes by, but I need to have that set up to some sort of counter. I have been thinking of getting a simple impulse counter but why do that if I can build one? I just don't know how. I was thinking a 4017 IC but what else do I need to drive the 4 digit, 7 segment display I have found, also I would like a reset button on it.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/07/G16990.pdf is the digit array I'd like to use. I would upload the file but I'm on my phone. I can do that later today

Use an inexpensive pedometer and replace the step-switch with the opto-interrupter (slotted optical switch). E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back