Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bug zapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

antaean3000

you know those electronic bug zappers that give off 1500v to zap bugs?
i have a old one which the handle broke and i was wondering what would happen
if you attached a coil to the end of the two terminals?

i saw a similar thing online where someone put a wound coil on the end of a camera flash which turned it in to a electromagnet.

would the same happen if you did this to a fly zapper?

It could be that no one knows what would happen. High voltage is dangerous anyway.

i saw a similar thing online where someone put a wound coil on the end of a camera flash which turned it in to a electromagnet.

Based on your description I doubt anyone has a clear idea of what you are asking. The handle broke and .... then you mention attaching a coil to two terminals. Additionally, you only left the post out for less than 2 hours before your follow up post. Sometimes it takes a day to get a reply.

Ron

Last edited:

It sounds like you would make a small and very volatile induction launcher (can shoot rings into the air), i wouldn't recommend doing this because the feedback from the coil will most likely break any components inside the bug zapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back