Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck regulator with N-mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

How mosfet can be turned on in this simplified version which use schotky diode? Only with gate driver transformer?
1615824894722.png

With this synchronous version it could use bootstrap capacitor for Q1:
1615824930930.png

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Either a P channel FET with the gate being switched towards negative, or an N channel with a bootstrapped driver.

Either a P channel FET with the gate being switched towards negative, or an N channel with a bootstrapped driver.
Yes i know about P channel, i just dont like to use them. They are more expensive and its harder to choose one.

Then use a bootstrap driver. That's how most integrated converters drive their n-channel mosfets.

Ok thanks, i will probably use complete IC for synchronous buck converter. Since i know how its done i want use as low parts as possible =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back