Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck Power Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

eve_tan17

Hi

I was tasked to design a new power supply for my circuit. However, I am very new to this area. By reading some of the application notes, I discovered that Buck topology could actually done by PWM control (Constant Frequency) or Constant off-time Control. I understand how these two methods work in buck, but I don't really know what the disadvantages in using constant off-time method. The only disadvantage that I know is that due to its variable frequency, it is hard to synchronise with external clock.

Are there anymore disadvantages that create problems to the system by using constant off-time control? Thank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back