Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck DC-DC converter ICs, with internal MOSFET and freewheeling diode ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

esm.

Hi.
I am looking for a buck converter IC available in a small SMD package like SOT-23 (or other small one) to a power supply with these parameters:

Vin = 16 to 30VDC
Vout = 4.4VDC
Iout = 250mA

The maximum output peak current is also 250mA. The 4,4V rail will be used to supply voltage to a constant current supply (to a Li-Ion battery charge management IC). If possible, a higher output current capability would be better, but 250mA is enough for me.

It would be much better a buck converter IC who meet the parameters above and doesn't require the use an external MOSFET and also not require an external freewheeling diode. I didn't found.

I'm using TPS63000 from Texas Instruments in some designs. It is a buck-boost converter that doesn't need an external MOSFET nor an external freewheeling diode when operates in buck mode.

I have many 1A SMD inductors with values from 4.7uH to 68uH. I just need to define which IC to be used. If don't find an IC who meet the parameters above, I will need to use a LM2596-ADJ buck converter from National Semiconductors to do the buck conversion, but it requires much more PCB space than the IC I am looking for.

Somebody know some good ICs to meet the parameters above?
Preferentially, ICs that doesn't require external MOSFET, freewheeling diode and is availabe in a small SMD package like SOT-23.

Or some other suggestions of ICs with bigger size package that doesn't require external MOSFET nor a freewheeling diode ????

Last edited:
MCP16301
LT1934/LT1934-1
LM2841 / LM2842
LMR14206
The internal diode is hard to find. Here are some that I thought of with out the diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back