Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck Converter - Leading/Trailing Edge Mix-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THere seems to be trailing and leading edge modulation as well...maybe it you can mix and match modulation methods with current sensing methods. But then that means the author left out half the possibilities (and the seemingly more logical ones at that).

And googling, I find I haven't actually found anything else that pairs up leading with valley, and trailing with peak. They all seem to pair up as leading-peak and trailing-valley.

Attachments

• TrailLead.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
Nvm. I think I got it sort of. I thought that trailing and leading edge were referring to whether current was being sensed on the inductor current ramp-up or ramp-down, but it appears to be referring to the type of PWM modulation used. I guess leading and trailing edge are the technical terms for the types of PWM where I always thought about them as "on then off" vs "off then on" within the window of each PWM pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back