Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck Converter Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeshwanth_446

Hie ,
I was working buck converter for LED application, for that i was implemented buck (80v,200mA) constant current converter, so here am facing problem like when we replace inductor with EFD15 the power factor of the present driver is getting low also its loosing regulation, can please help in finding out soulution.

Way too little info... :rolleyes:
An EDF15 is just a core, not an inductor. How is the core configured as the inductor?
Why did you replace the inductor?
What is the operating frequency?
What is the input voltage?
Post a schematic.

We just gone through our vendor to make inductor with 1.3mH EFD15 Core Smd, The inductor which we have before is EFD 16 Core and 12*15 Inductors which are there for R & D only also Since form factor as consern, so decided to go EFD 15 core.
The operating frequency of Converter with 1.3mH is 50KHZ.
the input voltage range 14-265VAC

Please send more information.
How many turns on the core? New core and old core. All information on inductor please.
What IC? (Post a schematic.)
Can you hear noise from the core?
-----------edited----------------
I can't find a data sheet on EFD 16 Core. I can find data on the EFD 15 Core.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back