Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(BUCK BOOST)variable duty cycle pulse generator ....help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisaac001

am designing a Buck boost converter on simulink ... as u know with a buckboost... the set output does not change even if the input changes....
aslo the duty cycle needs to be changed with input voltage in order to have the desired output (-vout/-vout-vin)=dutycycle
i have attachd the circuit..
basically i want a duty cycle that changes as the input voltage changes..
is there away to get variable duty cycle on simulink
if not how do i build one ..
pls look at the circuit help me plsssss lol am ready to listen to ideas
am not sure if i explained the problem right if u dnt understnd wat i mean plss ask

Attachments

• buckboostpwm.png
    buckboostpwm.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 302
The basic way to built a duty-cycle modulator is to generate a sawtooth waveform and connect it to one input of a voltage comparator. A variable voltage at the other comparator input will cause the duty-cycle of the output to vary with the voltage. See this.

That is not a buck-boost circuit topology. It will generate a negative output voltage.

If you are looking for a buck-boost, look up 'SEPIC converter'.

Last edited:
Yh u are right indulis it is a buck boost..though the output is inverted
RCinFLA i am also looking at the 'SEPIC converter' converter thanks
Am very greatfull crutschow...am going to go through the pdf..and then give it ago...i will let u know how it goes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back