Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BS250 MOSFET, which leads are which?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeca

I bought one of these UNBRANDED | BS250-MBR as a replacement for my Junebug. I managed to damage the kit one when desoldering it.

Firstly, is this part compatible? There are a number of different BS250s, but CPC only had that one.

Can anybody help identify it and which leads are which? The only markings on the case are:

BS250
PH 03 (might be 08)

Possibly the PH is Philips?

In a static-safe environment, use a diode checker to find the intrinsic diode. The + lead will be the drain, the - lead is the source. The remaining lead is the gate.

See this data sheet. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/06/BS250-1.pdf

Thanks for the hint and sorry for the late reply. I found a similar datasheet and figured it out after blueroomelectronics gave me the diode tip in another thread.

I drew a quick picture of my part and labeled the leads but haven't tried to replace it on the board yet.

Here is the Pinout from the datasheet.

Attachments

• BS250 Pinout.gif
    BS250 Pinout.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 3,263
Thanks guys, as I said the other day I have diode tested it and I am fairly certain I've identified the right leads.

If I get it wrong, I've got a spare ;)

It won't actually hurt it to install backwards. Here's a really easy test.
Just put it in the holes on the PCB but don't solder it. Run the PICkit2 2.51 software and toggle the VDD output and measure on the ICD connector. If it doesn't go off it's backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back