Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brushless motor driver keeps popping driver chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I can think of. Driver chips have an undervoltage lockout to prevent partial drive of the MOSFET to stop the MOSFETs from getting damaged. I don't see any inherent reason why the driver chip itself would be damaged by anything but an overvoltage, overcurrent, or ringing (which would be ultimately result in in one of the former two).

It could be that the gate resistors are all I really need to add.

Oh, this is just one thread in an ongoing series of threads for the same project. So yeah, we know he needs 100% duty cycle.

Sorry about that. There are two about this project in general, I figured I should start another because the first was about slow switching, this one switches fast enough it just pops the driver sometimes. But yes, I would like it to get to 100% duty cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back