Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brown-in — meaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmyguo3o

Hello,

In a specification for a hypothetical LED driver, I've encountered the following line:

"Input voltage for brown-in - Vin(start) - 72 Vrms"

This is a line-input driver, with 85...265 Vrms input range. What does "brown-in" mean here?

Thanks in advance!

It's the brown-out recovery voltage. Brown-out is the voltage at which the under-voltage-lockout will take effect and brown-in is the voltage that the under-voltage-lockout will cease to be in effect.

e.g. brown-out voltage may be 60V and brown-in might be 72V; if the voltage drops below 60V the device will stop operating and won't start operating again until the input voltage exceeds 72V.

Thank you dougy83! For some reason, Google search results for this term, even with quotes, aren't terribly useful.

You're welcome. I googled
"brown in" voltage
and received links to a few datasheets using the term. That and I already knew what "brown out" refers to. Brown-in is a stupid term anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back