Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Broken Breakpoint in MPLABX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I have a project and I'm trying to read a RHT03 temperature and humidity sensor (not very successfully so far). I've got two breakpoints but for some reason one of them is broken. I can't find an explanation of why it's broken and so I'm asking here if anyone has any idea?
broken.png

If anyone is curious, the above code is attempting to time the high time of the signal.

Edit, forget this bit. The data breakpoints are actually the program breakpoints!!! Also, I somehow have two data breakpoints and can't find how to delete them. Anyone any idea?
breakpoint.png

Thanks,

Mike.

MPLABx does seem to hang on to old breakpoints... open the BP window ( in Debug) click window and delete all .

Ian can you point the way for the optimisation control pls ... not been there

I dont use MPLABX but in MPLAB8... Properties ( right click project tree ) Find "Build Options" and then "Compiler"

There should be a small selection of optimization tools... I swap out "PRO" for "Standard"... Or I play with the settings... Once debugged I turn them all back on..

Thanks Ian, looks as if I have to turn optimization on .. 0 is default guess i have to pay for higher numbers.

mpx.jpg

MPLABx does seem to hang on to old breakpoints... open the BP window ( in Debug) click window and delete all .

actually thats: Window...DebuggING....Breakpoints (took me forever to find!)

I just got over 2 that i couldnt find in code,
in main line -1,
and main line 336 (meanwhile my main currently only goes to line 270!)

If I remember correctly MPLab (8, X) can only support a certain number of breakpoints (3? Maybe 4?). How many breakpoints do you have set in total?

ya, only 3 for both those versions, which is why i can't afford to have some tied up in lost space, strange that it would do that though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back