Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Broken alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soph

Hey! Seeing as I'm a total newbie, I am hoping to find some help from the more advanced electrically-interested chaps here... My gas detector seems to be broken, or rather, the alarm, which pretty much renders it useless. Therefore, I need to buy a new one. The only problem being, I have no idea what I'm looking for! Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. If necessary, I could even send a picture of the circuit.
Cheers.

Just to make it clearer: I tried it out, the display still shows the ppm, however, the alarm doesn't ring when it should...

Have you tried changing the battery?

Trying to repair it probably isn't work it as it might not be reliable as it not working is a safety concern.

Oops sorry, didn't see the rest of your message there. You're right, but I'm gonna try anyway - it's a fun project. What is it I should search for? Piezo buzzers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back