Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Broken 240V wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electriceye

Here is an image of what im dealing with here, quite dangerous luckily this broke off inside an travel adapter not my wall.

Would I be able to just buy a new cord and splice the wires ? Can anyone point me to what I need exactly when taking a trip to the hardware store. Is this fix worth 10$ ?

View attachment 69200

I must admit it was on the verge of disappearing... so to speak...

Hi Ian

Eric missed all the fun here (hard drive failures and all) as he is in Sunny SA just up the road from me in PE. I know it's off topic...but you are handling all.

Well done. A lot on your shoulders. Eric needed the break and you are 100% the Mod up to the task. Great stuff.

I am looking forward to my break too....far, far away from anything that needs repairing....never mind TV's :p

Where I am going for the next three Weeks starting 21 December is rural...no Cellphones, no Landlines, no Electricity.

To eat you make a fire and cook/braai. Absolutely no distractions. Can't wait.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
To eat you make a fire and cook/braai. Absolutely no distractions. Can't wait.

Ahhh!!! Braai.... I used to love a good Braaivleis....

Watch out for the 21st.... You know....end of world...

Did I miss something here? :confused:

ph? cho tin b?n lên cao

trangtrangos, if you're going to reply, please respond in ENGLISH. Otherwise, you may be considered a spammer and/or troll and get banned from the forum.

Last edited:
Darn, now I'm kind of wishing I'd seen it earlier.... :p;)

LOL....:p

Hi Matt

With a thread heading like "Broken 220V wire".....I realized a whole lot of stuff could have happened here with the Original thread before the hard drive failure :p

I never saw the posts...just imagined what the thread must have looked like though:p

Missed it too.

Regards,
tvtech

It was a broken pin on a euro plug for a LED SMPS the OP was using with a adapter for use on 110 Volt domestic power here in the US.
The SMPS was rated for 90 to 250 Volt AC input so we told him to just put a standered US plug on it.
After the OP asked about the euro wiring color code someone chimed in and said he was not smart enough to own tools.
Enough said.

It was a broken pin on a euro plug for a LED SMPS the OP was using with a adapter for use on 110 Volt domestic power here in the US.
The SMPS was rated for 90 to 250 Volt AC input so we told him to just put a standered US plug on it.
After the OP asked about the euro wiring color code someone chimed in and said he was not smart enough to own tools.
Enough said.

Thanks Andy. I'm pretty sure I know exactly who said what, too :p

I was not the one who chimed in about not beeing smart enough to own tools, though I might agree wit that
I chimed in about advice given to someone, so obviously devoid of basic knowledge of the subject on electricity, by members here, to go hurt himself and others
As I recall, the plug had melted. Replacing the plug would not fix the problem
Maybee it is time to start a "Beginners Corner" on this forum. E

Last edited:
Maybe it is time to start a "Beginners Corner" on this forum. E

Excellent idea. Perhaps EM could look into that when the site is back up and running like normal again :)

Last edited:
As I recall, the plug had melted. Replacing the plug would not fix the problem
The plug did not melt, It broke off as the title said and it looked like the OP tryed to glue it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back