Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bridge rectifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsik

Please help me with a thing called bridge rectifier. i've been reading a lot about bridge rectifiers, but i still can't understand how they work!!!
If you have any ideas that would help me, please let me know. THANK YOU!!!

It's fairly simple. When the bridge source voltage is one polarity, two of the bridge diodes are forward biased and conduct. The other two diodes are reverse biased and don't conduct. When the source is the opposite polarity, the other two diodes are then forward biased and conduct while the first two diodes reverse biased. Thus the output of the bridge is a full-wave rectified signal.

This link with graphics shows a good example of what Carl mentions. You can see how two of the four diodes in a full wave bridge conduct on alternate half cycles of the incoming AC waveform.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back