Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brew belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevmeister

Hi,

Should be a simple one this. I want to make my own brew belt for fermenting wine. I'm thinking for 25W 230V I should use a 2.2k resistor but I'm not sure about the exact type of wire to use. The inner looks like ordinary 2 core copper but I'm not sure about the outer sheath. Any ideas guys?
Cheers.

Had to look up what a brew belt is, and now I know.

Why don't you use a water pipe heater "tape". If the temp it keeps is wrong, it wouldn't be that hard to give it a thermostatic control.

Brew belt; My uncle has a brew belt. After there beers he has to lengthen his belt one hole.

After a lifetime of beer he uses a long belt.
Blowing himself up involves his way of fishing. (with out a pole)

In the past few months I drinked, drank or drunk many beers. My belly, belt and weight hasn't changed.

In the past few months I drinked, drank or drunk many beers. My belly, belt and weight hasn't changed.

Are those beers from Evian, maybe?

AG.. You've reached equilibrium. Which in your case means drastically far out of norm even if stable. Stability is often fleeting.

Evian is Wotah! (English accent)
I drink real beer (stronger than American beer) that is a little stronger than most (5.5% alc). I am stable and sober halfway through the night after.

I don't drink American beer (very often) I drink Canadian beer =) 5.6% as well. Wouldn't be Labatt Ice perchance?

I buy Laker ICE beer because it costs a lot less than Labatts or Molsons and it now has a free bonus Tall Can in a case of 24 bottles of beer.

I'm not overly concerned about price; I do like the stiff alcohol content of ice beer but the main reason I drink Labatt Ice is because it's very consistent; the taste of Labatt Ice is neither too rich, too bitter, nor too dark, but with lots of flavor in good proportion, and the aftertaste is as good as the first sip (to me). I'm wary of new beers for that reason though. Mind you this will date me, but I've preferred Labatt Ice since I was 21 (legal drinking age here) , and I'm 34 now.

I am 66 and am retired with a small government pension plus an extra amount from them.
So low prices are important for me.

My pops is close to your age, he never went to beer though, his price/performance/taste point is Evan Williams Bourbon, prefered mixer is Ginger Ale.

I have never been near Bourbon. It is a southern American Whiskey.
I know Scotch and Canadian Rye Whiskeys on the rocks. But a rum and coke is also nice.

rum is a curse word to me =) Good drinking anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back