Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

breif hello and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankenstein

this is my first post so to introduce myself let me say that I am a guitarist who finally dusted off my soldering iron about a year ago and built a couple of tube amps for myself (that sound pretty darn good) and have a few more ideas that are wanting to get out.

Basically i am looking for a psuedo-random pattern generator that can drive about 5 leds or switches that can be acheived with one or two ic's. I am looking into microcontollers now.

The ht2050 would acheive my goals nicely but its out of production. It was a 5 led random flasher that only needed an external clock.

any suggestions would be appriciated!

A PIC 16F628 would do it easily. All you would need is the PIC, the LED's, and series resistors - plus some kind of PSU of course - nothing else (apart from the code, but there's plenty of 'random' PIC code about).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back