Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

*Breaking News in Particle Physics* New Force Particle Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsscientist said:
But if technicolour is correct, it would not be able to resolve all the questions left unanswered by the standard model. For example, physicists believe that at the high energies found in the early universe, the fundamental forces of nature were unified into a single superforce. Supersymmetry, physicists' leading contender for a theory beyond the standard model, paves a way for the forces to unite at high energies, but technicolour does not.

Figuring out which theory – if either – is right means combing through more heaps of data to determine if the new signal is real. Budget constraints mean the Tevatron will shut down this year, but fortunately the CDF team, which made the find, is already "sitting on almost twice the data that went into this analysis", says Roser. "Over the coming months we will redo the analysis with double the data."

This is really amazing. As things around the world get more crazy at least we have something to be looking forward to, what new things will come out of this; very interesting indeed.

Hi killivolt,

Yes, quite amazing. It has the potential to wipe out the Higgs. I guess time will tell if it is real or just conjured up to get more funding :)

Last edited:
Hi killivolt,

Yes, quite amazing. It has the potential to wipe out the Higgs. I guess time will tell if it is real or just conjured up to get more funding :)

It wouldn't bother me in the least because in the end they have a hole new view of the Universe and with this discovery should open many more at Cern. This could open up brand new field of research and we might begin down a road that will lead us to a brighter future.

Fermilabs said:
The new force comes with a zoo of new particles.

When I repeated this to one of my tech's both he and I have been following "Cerns" startup. I have to laugh because I told him they had found the fifth element not the fifth force:)

I really think we are heading into future at an ever increasing speed, one that may lead to the star trek type life for mankind. Just even the recent discovery's in the past decade like buckyballs. There finding them everywhere on the planet and in space or the atmosphere. Fullerene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Really cool.

Edit: just re-read the thread and realised that I am talking rubbish.

Post deleted to hide my embarassment.

Apologies

Last edited:
Edit: just re-read the thread and realised that I am talking rubbish.

Post deleted to hide my embarassment.

Apologies
One of our Mod's Bryan1 has a signature that say's it all.

" The only way to avoid human error is to avoid the use of humans".

To ere is to be human. If you do achieve perfection it would be a rather boring life to know everything and not have something to yearn for manifesting in growth; I think it's a part of the human spirit to seek to know to find out like a child discovering new things a reason to get up in the morning. Where would the fun be in discovery's (To already know everything) it's the joy to say or talk about or share with other's about something.

I think I'l just be human and admit my fault's; following your example:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back