Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumieus

I just bought two different boards, one is white breadboard and the other is board with copper hole that don't connected to each other. (I don't know the name)
I understand how the white breadboard works.

but how does this board work?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

°=hole in the board.
Can someone point me to good site explaining how to make circuit using this kind of board.
TQ.

I just bought two different boards, one is white breadboard and the other is board with copper hole that don't connected to each other. (I don't know the name)
I understand how the white breadboard works.

but how does this board work?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

°=hole in the board.
Can someone point me to good site explaining how to make circuit using this kind of board.
TQ.

hi,
Do you mean this type of pcb.?

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/7seg2-jpg.23040/

That is a general purpose board and will not help much because after inserting the components into the holes, you will have to use either the component leads itself or separate wires to make interconnection in between them - more chance of short circuits.

I suggest you to use a stripboard and use a razor to cut the unwanted connections. That will reduce the task anyway.
**broken link removed**

Yes, how do you make connection with that kind of board? Tq

Look at the the link I posted in my previous reply, the link shows how its done.:)

Attachments

• 7seg2.jpg
    7seg2.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I have actually used that board by connecting adjacent holes with solder. Because the holes are quite close as long as you apply a little more solder than normal it is easy to bridge connections.

Hi Rumieus,

I use this type of board with #28 or #30 Kynar wire-wrap wire for the connections. It's a very time consuming process and it takes some practice but it does work.

Good luck. Mike

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back