Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard layout design tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if such software exists...but what is the point of software like that? Wouldn't you just waste more time arranging it than if you just went out and started placing components on the breadboard?

It would be somewhat limited but you could use the draw capability in Word to generate a simple layout of the breadboard. (You are referring to a wired board, not a PCB, correct?)

A Google search also turned up numerous freeware drawing programs. Perhaps one of those would work for you.

It's not too difficult to use a spreadsheet and design the columns and rows with various background colors, widths, etc., to emulate some of those standard RadioShack boards. I suppose one could do the same thing with a breadboard.

when doing a complex breadboard, I will use eagle to place the components in a way that is close to the SBB layout. it's good for a little planning. But it only saves a few minutes. I wouldn't bother using special SW for that though. I don't bother if there are less than about 20 components, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back