Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard design software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

Hi everyone.

There are a few software titles currently available which allow you to take an electronics schematic and create from it a PCB layout design. I have tried searching for a piece of software which will do a similar thing for breadboard designs. Is any reader here familiar with any software which can do that kind of thing? I've tried googling it and I've also searched a couple of software websites but not turned up any useful results.

Thanks all

Brian

why do you need it for breadboards?

I use breadboards alot and I don't use software to use them.

I use breadboards a lot without the need to use software as well, it just means that you have to spend the extra time sitting down and designing the layout for the board with all the proper cuts where they should be and making sure no unwanted connections are made etc. In the same way I could also spend the time creating a PCB layout without the need to use software - it's just easier using software to do it because a) it's quicker and b) you can often get better results that way

That's all I wanted it for really

Brian

For any interested readers of this thread, I did manage to find this:

Unfortunately though it's only a design aid - it wont actually create a design from a circuit schematic which is more what I was looking for.

Brian

Breadboards and stripboards (or Veroboards) are not the same thing. What you are talking about are Veroboards and when you google for Veroboards you'll get plenty of hits, like this one **broken link removed** which help in layout design.

A breadboard, is what is photographed here:

Attachments

• dsc00012.jpg
    dsc00012.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,207
google for Tiny Cad, and VCAD.

You can design the schematic in tiny cad and then use VCAD to design it. You have to reate the footpints each time yourself but there are also net lists and its uber cool!!!!

Of course you are correct. Strange that I should mix those up as I've used breadboard loads of times! I did actually mean stripboard.

I had already tried the term veroboard and stripboard on google and although it returns lots of hits, very few of them are relevant to design software and infact I found none that would do the kind of thing I was looking for

Brian

Yep sorry pittuck, I meant to thank you for those links I did actually check them out, just gotta get it all working and see what it's like now

Brian

Well I found that TinyCad didn't have half of the options I needed to draw a proper circuit so I didn't even get as far as attempting an import into VCad

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back