• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard Data captured in Excel Spreadsheet.

Thread starter #21
Thanks.

Requirement : Can I automate the electronic components data values from Breadboard device to an Excel spreadsheet program running in Laptop/Desktop/Smartphone devices?

If not, I will manually write the values of the electronic components assembled in different types of Breadboards in different Excel Spreadheets/Worksheets within a Excel Workbook.

Give the name of the Excel Spreadsheets according to the Circuit name, Breadboard layout & date created.

Thanks for your support and help.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ChrisP58

Thanks.

Requirement : Can I automate the electronic components data values from Breadboard device to an Excel spreadsheet program running in Laptop/Desktop/Smartphone devices?

-
So it's not so much a smart breadboard, but smart components.

I don't know of any of those either, but if they existed, they wouldn't be $0.01 resistors. They'd be $100 resistors. Each. And much much larger.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I vaugly remember someone asking if members would use a device like this about 6 months ago. The conclusion was a resounding no.

Mike.

Dr_Doggy

It can be done with cheap hardware(like cell phone or PC & web camera) using AI OCR technology , but ....

right now there is OCR library we can buy that just simply reads text and it costs like 10,000$ just for the library.
so to pay a university grad to dev a ocr for ele components will be the through roof ... even more so when we decide we want it to ID chips and such , or not cross the wrong nodes and not need proof reading

if we decide its okay to just enter our own data then it might be feasible but first we will need to organise the data better, since a resistor plugs in to more than one node, so our TABLE will need to reflect that, could get more complicated when we have a component with 3 or more legs too

from there we may be able to find a way using excel macros to display how we want it to in the sheet but to do this we will want to read up on using excel and features we may need, like how exactly we want it to display on the output ... maybe clipart but i can see that getting slopy fast

if i were to do this i'd just skip using excel and go straight to C# desktop app where SPRITES are alot easier to do.

Last edited:

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles