• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard Data captured in Excel Spreadsheet.

gophert

Most Helpful Member
Yes, it is just a question of what information you are starting with. I can do it but it may take me years to explain it to you.

There are many ways to do this. Is it allows to do copy-and-paste when your PC is indirectly connected to the breadboard or do you expect it to magically show up on an SD card, or email?

And, what is your budget.

Thread starter #4
Thanks.

I am assembling the electronic components on the Breadboard.

Every component on the Breadboard has been connected with a cell.

So is the component cell Data on the Breadboard can be copied and pasted in my Excel Spreadsheet.

This will help me to collect data from the Breadboard Circuit in Spreadsheet software.

The different components on the Breadboard having different values for example a Resistor10Ohm in A1 cell of Breadboard, Light emitting diode in B3 cell of Breadboard is mapped exactly with the Excel Spreadsheet cells for capturing data from the Breadboard.

Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar images (1).jpeg

Thread starter #7
Thanks.

Can we interface a Breadboard with Laptop / Desktop / Smartphone using Wired or Wireless Technology?

Example :

A1 on a Breadboard is a Resistor10Ohm lead connected with
another lead connected to D1 cell on Breadboard.

A column 1st row
D column 1st row

A1 = Breadboard cell - First Lead of Resistor10Ohm Resistor.
D1 = Breadboard cell - Second Lead of Resistor10Ohm Resistor.

Excel Spreadsheet

A1 cell Data = First Lead of 100ohm resistor

A1 Data type : Text

D1 cell Data = Second Lead of 100ohm resistor

D1 Data Type : Text

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

atferrari

Sorry but this looks nonsense or a poorly explained idea. It seems that you have no experience in electronics; have you?

Trying to generate a net list for a Spice-like program? Who will tell your laptop that R13 is a 3K9 resistor or C11 is a .47 uF?

Thread starter #10
Thanks.

A Smartphone app can be designed interfacing a wireless Breadboard device ?

I.e. Modifying the Breadboard device to be a Wireless device.

2 Physical interface connection between Desktop/Laptop/Smartphone and Breadboard device using USB cable.

I.e. Modifying the Breadboard device to have a USB connector.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Thread starter #12
Thanks.

So the only way is to manually write the data for the electronic components from the Breadboard device in Excel Spreadsheet?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

JimB

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
So the only way is to manually write the data for the electronic components from the Breadboard device in Excel Spreadsheet?
Yes.

What do you think a breadboard is?
It is just a bunch of contacts in a plastic housing.
There is no intelligence in there, it is dumb as a box of rocks.

JimB

gophert

Most Helpful Member
It is possible to add sensors (A to D converters) to each pin (or node) on the breadboard and then connect them all to some master controller that continually sends the current value of each node to a laptop. But my question is, WHYYYYYYYY?

Expensive, nonsensical, useless data (somebody will then need to create an overlay on the Excel sheet to show the guzintas and guzattas for ach device on the breadboard or the numbers will be meaningless.

Typically the way I use a SBB is to prove a circuit concept. Then I transcribe the SBB to a schematic. For a sanity check I will re create the circuit on a separate SBB from the schematic to make sure I didn't miss something or transcribe any errors. The only time I use a spread sheet is for the BOM and the schematic package does that for me.

Grossel

Uh - ok I give in:

It is (like most things) doable, however in this case to do so will take huge amounts of time, simply because you need to built something completely new from pretty much nothing.

This is the challenges you're faced with:
  1. Working out a physical analog interface between breadboard and the. Interface will have to consist of matrix of analog multiplexers and a processing unit. You need to design all that from scratch. One problem you may come across is : Can you dissasemble a breadboar, put a lot of wiring into it and still make it look ok.
  2. You need to make an interface between processing unit and a computer, and you also have to figure out how to make Excel communicate to that unit, and what computer interface to use (usb, bluetooth. . . .)
  3. You have to make it fail proof somehow, that is to make up a solution to prevent short circuit in case you try to manually alter an address assigned to a device output, such as opamp.
If you're skilled in all above, I'll say this is doable within a month. If you have to learn everything, I'll guess a year and a half, even if you're determined enough to actually make this project.

gophert

Most Helpful Member
Uh - ok I give in:

It is (like most things) doable, however in this case to do so will take huge amounts of time, simply because you need to built something completely new from pretty much nothing.

This is the challenges you're faced with:
  1. Working out a physical analog interface between breadboard and the. Interface will have to consist of matrix of analog multiplexers and a processing unit. You need to design all that from scratch. One problem you may come across is : Can you dissasemble a breadboar, put a lot of wiring into it and still make it look ok.
  2. You need to make an interface between processing unit and a computer, and you also have to figure out how to make Excel communicate to that unit, and what computer interface to use (usb, bluetooth. . . .)
  3. You have to make it fail proof somehow, that is to make up a solution to prevent short circuit in case you try to manually alter an address assigned to a device output, such as opamp.
If you're skilled in all above, I'll say this is doable within a month. If you have to learn everything, I'll guess a year and a half, even if you're determined enough to actually make this project.
And, what is your forecast of demand for something like this in the marketplace?

Grossel

And, what is your forecast of demand for something like this in the marketplace?
Haha, Forgot that part - The ghost of bankruptcy should be at 4 on list - assuming this is ment to be be something to produce and sell.

You might be better off writing an Emulator/Simulator on your PC where you place the parts on a virtual SBB and then move the data into an Excel spreadsheet or however you want to do it.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles