Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bought myself an christmas present (i suppose it's not too early)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

here's what i bought, 'been thinking a lot what digital scope i'd buy, as i really start needing it in my ''shop''
sure, i'm rookie, but shouldn't still be bad investation.
And, i still keep at least couple analog scopes at hand
but, here's what i decided (didn't bought from this link....)
https://www.rigolna.com/products/digital-oscilloscopes/ds1000Z/ds1054z/

now then, what plans you guys have for holidays comin' up? me, i'm probadly at work...

That is a pretty nice scope for the buck. Enjoy it. :)

The holidays? Planning on spending the time with family, my siblings as well as kids and grand kids. Looking forward to it.

Ron

Thanks! i was considering between 1074, this model and 1052, this seemed best to suit my current needs. of course, 1052 would'hve 'been sufficient, but with this price, this 1054 is better deal. I rarely need 4 channels, but better with than without...

i can try to make rewief w/video (NOT teardown under warranty)
if my inexperience/possible english''stuttering'' (if you know what i mean) isn't issue that is...

I bought a 1052e a while back and I'm thinking of selling it and getting the 1054z. There have been many times when 2 channels were not enough, and I really wished I'd had 4 channels.

Thats if you don't have two of the same scopes:)

I was able to purchase two Agilent 54622D mixed signal scopes from surplus at the Uni. Now, I just have to learn not to burn it up with my stupidity:confused:

I'm still in a learning curve with the scopes; haven't had much time to play with them.

hey tech, speaking of which, i noticed one cool thing i got loong time ago, fm/am signal modulator, which i haven't tore open yet. seems i totally forgot it....frequency range seems to be 0.1-110mhz

Heya Fez

These Days I am like a Robot. So much happening here that I need to put blinkers on from time to time.

And not get involved with stuff I don't want to remember/no time to remember etc.

It's all about the dregs of CRT here...and fixing them. Properly. And there are lots. And they keep coming. All the time.
Never ending work and no time for myself.

I am getting crazier by the Day...all my time is being taken up slaving away fixing things for people that don't deserve it. The open mouthed wonders bug me the most.

Lot's of rubbish gets offloaded here.....like the last stop before the scrapyard :banghead:

Sorry to rant. At least you are a good listener.

I don't know what else to say :wideyed:

Regards,
tvtech

Hope you enjoy it. Looks like a nice one.

Merry Christmas!!

i looked agilents too, bit too pricey for first scope...

I got lucky; they were $30 a piece. Best thing is it's a learner Scope and neither of them had been used. I'm hanging on to the second one in the chance that I do something stupid like I did to the Power Supply I bought around the same price.

Recently I built a Plasma Speaker and the Flyback Surged and blew the Power Supply. It turns on but I can control the Voltage; I haven't been able to get parts and don't know how to sub anything for it. If you weren't so far away I would give it to you. It's an HP6267A 36v 10amp supply.

Have fun:)

got it yesterday, but opened up just half hour ago....takes while to get used to functions and such :D

I would have bought carrying case, but original one didn't appeal to me. instead, i take diy-route, and build my own with like this:
DM1202_S_1_web.jpg

also, i should buy small-power 12v-230vac inverter, to use it more handily on automotive stuff, IF there are no mains power available....speaking od which, should it be sine-wave, could square-wave damage this thing? seems to me that sine-wave would be better option here

seems i bought myself yet again stuff, if luck, this package'll arriwe before xmas.
oh, and this all was 50€, hopefully was worth it (la-radios, weller iron, fluke and other stuff)
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back