Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bootloader, pic 18f252 and RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

gx260

I don't manage to install a bootloader in my pic 18f252 : I tried 2 bootloaders written for my 18f but the download software always fails to find my pic.
So i'm searching for an asm code to test my RS232 communication.

Or if you've got any idea about why it fails....

Thank you :wink:

gx260 said:
I don't manage to install a bootloader in my pic 18f252 : I tried 2 bootloaders written for my 18f but the download software always fails to find my pic.
So i'm searching for an asm code to test my RS232 communication.

Or if you've got any idea about why it fails....

Thank you :wink:
Did you try "PING" test?
It's simple, just setup an interrupt upon recieve, and in ISR do "MOVFF RCREG,TXREG". You should see reply in your terminal application.

It sounds like you are trying to send the bootloader via RS232. If you are then that is the problem. The bootloader has to be programed into the pic with a normal programmer. Once the bootloader is programed, then you can use RS232 to send more code to it.

HTH

Mike.

I'm not trying to send a bootloader via RS232 : It is already programmed with Pic Start Plus but the pic is not found by the downloader.
I tried a "ping" test with the MAX and it managed.
I tried it with the pic (linked to the MAX) and it failed!
I've tested the voltage levels of the pins of the MAX and of the PIC and it seems correct...I don't understand!

gx260 said:
I'm not trying to send a bootloader via RS232 : It is already programmed with Pic Start Plus but the pic is not found by the downloader.
I tried a "ping" test with the MAX and it managed.
I tried it with the pic (linked to the MAX) and it failed!
I've tested the voltage levels of the pins of the MAX and of the PIC and it seems correct...I don't understand!
Check you hardware again... compare it with this one (resistor not needed):
**broken link removed**
Also check if your PIC is running at correct frequency and you are usign correct baudrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back