Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BoostC debugging with PICkit 2 and MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

futz

Anybody have this nailed? Sometimes it works fine, but other times (like today's little project) I just can't get it to work properly at all. Very frustrating, as I'm stuck until I find out what a couple variables are doing (something very wrong and strange, I'm sure :D ).

Run to cursor and breakpoints don't work. It halts (usually), but not where I tell it to. Usually quite a few lines before.

I'm using the one-wire lib functions to read an 18B20.

Hmm... Switched to my Inchworm+/Unicorn (USB ICD2) and it works as advertised.

EDIT: I see that in MPLAB V8.14, PICkit 2 programming/debug support for 18F248 is beta only. I'm running V8.02.

Results from the 18B20 are still out to lunch, but at least I can see what my variables are doing now. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back