Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

boost converter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

galed

I'm looking for a boost converter to run an audio amplifier (10W @ 12V) off a 3V system. The boost needs to be able to support the full 10W draw, though it's unlikely that i'll have it up that high. Does anybody know of a part that fits the bill?

Also, related, is there a buck/boost converter workhorse, like the LM1117 is a common voltage regulator, and the LF356 is a standard op amp?

Hi there,

Zetex makes some interesting converters that might fit the bill.
As for a common buck boost you might try looking on the National Semiconductor site. They make lots of stuff like that that arent too hard to use. The Simple Switcher line of products might be what you are looking for. They are made to be as simple as possible yet still provide for the more common switching regulator circuit topologies.

Last edited:
If you need to boost from 3v to 12v you can try the LM3410. I use these for laser applications and are quite reliable. They can boost up to 24v or so.

I use them with 3v-3.6v input and are boost ONLY. Not sure if this will fit you needs, but have been using this IC for almost 2 years and many boards made and sold.
These were meant to run LED arrays etc, and in the config that I use can deliver 6v at just under 1A. The higher the voltage and higher current requirements have not been personally tested by me, but it may be a good start. Very few components and easy to work with.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back