Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost 12 V to 18 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_soul

Hi, I have some troubles with my boost converter design, when I simulate the boost converter in orcad it's all ok, but when I assemble the circuit I have problems, the MOSFET it's heated a lot and there is a little buzz, I don't have idea what is the reason, I hope you can try to help me.

I Attachment a pdf file with some pictures that I hope can help you to know about my problem.

For all thanks.

Attachments

• Boost.pdf
    322.2 KB · Views: 262
7 MH at one amp will be quite large. What is the maximum current spec and resistance of the inductor.

The waveforms with boost show that the MOSFET is not turning off cleanly. I think that you might have layout problems and that the switching spike that you get when the MOSFET turns off is somehow causing it to turn back on again.

Thanks for the answer, the inductor was done for me so I don't know what resistance it has, and for the current I don't think that I have problem.

This design is mounted on a protoboar, so what I need to do for turn off cleanly the Mosfet? do you saw my schematic, it's incorrect?

Hi,

Did you check the signal at Lin? See what that looks like. It could be getting feedback during turn off.

Hi, thanks for the answer, I have other question, it's necesary to have and independient sources? or I can feed all the circuit with a single source?

Hi,

If you need isolation you need different sources, but if they are all the same voltage and you dont need isolation you can usually use the same voltage source.

Thanks for the answer, now I'm using the 555 as a PWM generator, but see when I connect the output of 555 to IR2110 the signal is distorted I don't know why, will be damage the ir2110?, do you have some idea that what I need to do?. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back