Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Book recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnionRingOfDoom

I havn't had a chance to go to the library yet, but I was wondering what books you guys would recomend for someone who has pretty minimal electronic knowledge. hjames recomended The Art Of Electronics, saying it was a quick read. If 1000+ is "quick", I'd love to see "long" :p It was pretty expensive, but I'll see about getting it used off ebay or something. Anyway, could anyone recomend some other, quicker, cheaper books as well?

Ahh, I was trying to imply "easy" read - it stretches from intro into (though slightly dated) 2-3rd year college territory concerning general electronics. But definitely not quick - and it is pretty pricey.

There was a thread a couple weeks back where I was talking about old "intro to electronics" series by Forrest Mimms that used to be sold at Radio Shack. There may be some useful links in there if you can find that thread.

Other than those two "sources" I tend to learn a lot reading the application notes that are available on manufacturer websites - Microchip has quite a few appnotes that deal with pretty general topics, but a interesting place to search for interesting circuits tend to be the analog chip manufacturers - National Semi, Fairchild, Analog Semi, Linear Tech, Texas Inst. If you can dig through their websites, they usually have lots of neat application notes dating from the mid80's to present. They're free, pretty informative, and at the very least, can direct you to different topics.

I agree Forrest Mimms is the way to go. I recommend "Getting Started in Electronics", even a 12 year old can understand it. I learned all about, resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, semiconductors and the doping process when I was 12 from Forrest Mimms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back