Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Book Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I'm sure there is a good reason, but I was just wondering why the books section is read only? I still like real actual books, and often buy them for my library. I often want to share info on good books that I come across. Often times, I am unsure about a book and like to get other peoples opinions, mainly from those that may have read the book. So just wondering why the book archive is read only, and can it be changed to allow new topics be added. If there is a reason why this would be bad, then that is totally cool.

Mucho Gracias'

I second this, I love books and have a load of them, I would like to do some in depth reviews on some books. Glad your another book worm mike :D, way too many kindle lovers in the world, you just cant beat sitting curled up in front the fire with a book.....ahhh the smell of a good old book :D:D:D

I have been looking into this. I'm not sure exactly what qualifies a forum as needing to be put in the "Read Only" archive. It says that the archive is for inactive forums, so I made a test post (as a moderator apparently I have that ability) to see if it would refresh it and take it out of the archive, but it did not.

The moderators are having an ongoing conversation and hopefully will be able to speak with the admin/s regarding the matter. Unfortunately the moderators do not seem to have the ability to take a forum out of the read only archive.

We'll keep you posted.

Regards,
Matt

Thanks Matt :)

Just a suggestion: cant the whole book archive be copied and pasted to a new open thread somewhere and perhaps some time in the future the old locked book archive deleted, or is there some major practical problem?
spec

Just a suggestion: cant the whole book archive be copied and pasted to a new open thread somewhere and perhaps some time in the future the old locked book archive deleted, or is there some major practical problem?
spec

The book archive is a forum, not just a thread. There is no easy way to simply "copy" the entire forum into a thread.

I doubt there is much interest in reading books these days, as I think most people have gotten too lazy to read, and if it ain't on YouTube, they are not having it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back