Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

boe bot or sumo bot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would say it doesn't matter too much at that level- but then I remember how long it took for me to pick my first one.

I'd say BOE-bot because you can get the oh-so cool gripper. I still have never made a robot that can hold something. With the BOE it doesn't have a "built-in BASIC Stamp"- it has a developer board with a IC socket so you can replace the Stamp with a more powerful BS2 clone later on. Also, since the BOE looks like it actually has a chassis, it would be easier to outright replace the board with something else altogether later on. The BOE board also has the nice feature of the breadboard being at the front of the robot so you can add on more PCB-based sensors than the Sumo.

Have you seen the video of the gripper on Parallax's webpage?

Last edited:
yea now i just have to ask my dad. i have the money. i really want to add the tank tracks to it . so it can be like an off road bot. ill take a look at the video.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back