Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bode plots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec123

Hi,

Please look at the file attached....

In my revision i am struggling to understand the concept of plotting bode plots of transfer functions

I can see that when you put the terms into the form 1+sT, you can find the break points as w=1/T.

It's just i don't understand what determines wether the magnitude slope increases or decreases and by what dB per decade.

How do you plot the phase of a transfer function?

If someone could explain this to me, i would be greatly appreciated because i have lots of questions with the solutions but do not understand the theory behind it, so i'm sure i could grasp it with a little assistance....

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• forumhelp.doc
    132 KB · Views: 183
Well dear bode plot is asymptotic plot (i.e. an approximation).
Consider t(s)=1+sT.
for s(jw)<<T t(s)=1(cons. term)

for s(jw)>>T t(s)=sT(linear inc. term in semilog plot with slope 20 db/decade.)
How??
for making the frequency(w) 10 times,
db(t(s)=20log(t(s)) will become greater by 20db.

If however (1+sT) is in denominator slope after w=T will be -20db/decade.

As for phase you have to calculate phase at siscrete but close frequencies and plot them freehand.

A reference to 'Automatic Control Systems' by B.C.Kuo willl be useful.

GoodBye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back