Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bluetooth triggered relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingr4y

Hello people, newbie here. what I would like to do is and i am a bit confused about is....

close a mosfet relay at point A, have this relay closure (or some sort of digital information) transmitted by blue tooth or some wireless medium (up to a distance of 4-5 K. -line of sight- and at point B have this transmitted signal trigger a similiar mosfet relay... is this technically possible? are there products available that would allow me to do this cheaply?

I thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer.

4-5 kilometers? Anything that covers that distance is going to require a properly licensed device (and perhaps operator) depending on where you're located. Bluetooth and wifi are both meant for very short range.

Last edited:
The application would be marine... I think that would circumvent those restrictions though I'll need to look into that...

I've heard of people doing long range Wifi links before but this requires registry modification as for transmittion over about a kilometer the timings don't work right.

1/4 mile with the standard timings, it's only a matter of editing the registry to increase the timing to allow longer links. I've heard of people picking up links from over 4kms away with a good directional antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back