Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey all, i want to start using bluetooth for sending and receiving audio.
I want to use it to relay audio data to and from another device.

Lets say i have a BlueTooth headset and want to send data from the headset to my pc.

But i want to use the Audio (SPEAKER and MIC) jacks on the PC side. How can i just relay the data ? Well not how really because then i wouldnt be doing it myself lol but more like:

What parts do i need or should i use to accomplish this?
I dont want to collect data for altering but i want to relay the data from a HEADSET to a PC or something else which uses a MIC and speaker. Like i want to be able to send/receive audio on the PC and Headset. Like if i play a MP3 on the PC i want to be able to hear it on the headset and if im talking on the headset i want to be able to record it from the PC.

You understand? Just need to know what parts do i need and how to go about starting this.

You'll probably need something that supports the A2DP profile, which that chip doesn't seem to. It does seem to do HSP and HFP, but I think the only devices that use those are mobile phones.

Last edited:
i dont get it they complicate things so much. If i can send data cant that be Music, Images, etc ? why have different profiles for it.

I guess you are correct then.

I just though of a good way to explain this:

Lets say i have 2 Walkie Talkies and i want to make then have bluetooth headsets instead how would i go about doing it?

Last edited:
i dont get it they complicate things so much. If i can send data cant that be Music, Images, etc ? why have different profiles for it.

Because you cannot get speed and errorf free transmission in the same time ... the data profile will send the data with error correction but when you send sound you "ignore" errors as you are streaming and repeating a package will create more mess then it will solve on the slow link like BT

Lets say i have 2 Walkie Talkies and i want to make then have bluetooth headsets instead how would i go about doing it?

you would have to find and purchase a gadget that do that, it is very hard thing to DIY as
- you will have to implement AD and DA (mic & speaker)
- you will have to implement firmware with sound profile using some uC

There might be so SoC that does some of that but I don't recon they are going to be cheap .. the simple serial profile module is ~100$

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back