Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth module

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomerp

Hi,

I'm building a project and I need to use a bluetooth reciever module in it.
My only need is that the bluetooth reciever will get some notifications from a bluetooth transmitter (can be by mobile or computer) and will "turn" (send voltage) ON/OFF the switch.

Basically I'm new in this area so I have some questions?
1) What components do I need for the circuit with the switch and the bluetooth transimitter?
2) Do I need some microcontroller? or does the today standard bluetooth recievers contains micorcontroller built in?
3) Can I transfer enough Voltage from the Bluetooth module to the switch (which supose to work with 1.5V) or do I need some othe mechanism?
4)Do you know some good tutorials for building such circuits?
5) Where can I get such bluetooth reciever module (preffered cheapest).

Thanks,
Tomer.

I don't really know anything about bluetooth other than the fact it's frequency is ~2.4GHz

yes you need a micro-controller, a programmer to program the micr-controller. Visit MicrochipMicrochip Technology Inc. is a Leading Provider of Microcontroller and Analog Semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. for more information, they have a very good range of micro-controllers and programmers.

You also need a bluetooth module, as suggested sparkfun may be a good choice.

The micro-controller interfaces with the bluetooth module.

I think a bluetooth stack may also have to implemented in the micro-controller to allow communications between the transmitter (maybe a laptop or a mobile) and the receiver (your project).

The micro-controller can switch ON/OFF a relay to control the voltage. For this an output port would have to be configured.

you have not mentioned the voltage required to control the switch.

Google for projects regarding bluetooth.

thanks
a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back