Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth 'double adaptor' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I recently bought a GPS with bluetooth and want to connect it to my car stereo (which has bluetooth), but the issue is my phone is already connected to the stereo.

Is there anything anybody knows of that is capable of handling two blutooth devices, which then outputs just one bluetooth "stream" so my stereo can speak out the GPS directions AND answer calls (whichever happens first).

Like a bluetooth "double adaptor" for bluetooth.

Its hard to explain, so I hope you understand, I have tried googling but not knowing what it could be called, I haven't really found anything.

Hope you can help
:)

Bluetooth can support seven devices, but your car stereo may only have the firmware to support one at a time. One solution would be buy a smartphone with GPS.

Thanks, blueroom.
I think the bluetooth receiver inside the stereo is capable of *pairing* with up to 7/8 devices, but can only be *actively* paired with one at a time. What I want is for it to be paired actively with two devices.

I suspect there is no such product that I want and I'm just going to have to suffer :)

Thanks

EDIT: Although I am aware that bluetooth handsfree kits / stereos are now available with the ability to actively pair two devices (I think it is called "Multipoint")

Last edited:
I'm thinking you're going to have to suffer. What is the point of the bluetooth on the GPS, voiced directions? Stick with the output from the GPS itself no loss. If you're talking on the phone to someone and trying to use your GPS at the same time you probably need to get your priorities straight =) When I'm in heavy traffic not only do I turn my radio off or to it's lowest setting I also tell me wife to shh. I'm all for multitasking, but if you're in a car the only objective you should have is getting from point A to point B without killing anyone => Just because it's voice doesn't mean it's not a distraction, in my opinion the ONLY thing a drive should ever do besides drive is minimizing the distractions that take away from driving. Mind you my commute is 20 miles one way and I also drive our works truck for pickups and deliveries. It's not to say that people can't do things like that year after year without repurcussion, but I have never been in even a fender bender while driving. I'd like to think it has something to do with that mindset, and it should be a more prevalent one.

Sorry for preaching =)

I'm thinking you're going to have to suffer. What is the point of the bluetooth on the GPS, voiced directions? Stick with the output from the GPS itself no loss. If you're talking on the phone to someone and trying to use your GPS at the same time you probably need to get your priorities straight =) When I'm in heavy traffic not only do I turn my radio off or to it's lowest setting I also tell me wife to shh. I'm all for multitasking, but if you're in a car the only objective you should have is getting from point A to point B without killing anyone => Just because it's voice doesn't mean it's not a distraction, in my opinion the ONLY thing a drive should ever do besides drive is minimizing the distractions that take away from driving. Mind you my commute is 20 miles one way and I also drive our works truck for pickups and deliveries. It's not to say that people can't do things like that year after year without repurcussion, but I have never been in even a fender bender while driving. I'd like to think it has something to do with that mindset, and it should be a more prevalent one.

Sorry for preaching =)

You will probably get into an accident while driving home from your retirement party... Irony has a funny way of making things ironic. ;)

No doubt RMMM =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back