Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth and PIC chip for Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleLink

Hi, I'm new to PIC programming. I have basic programming language skills, so PIC Basic is working for me pretty well, but I'm sure there's still a lot I don't know, so please don't get mad if i get something wrong.

I had a though tonight about being able to send numbers, perhaps through the caller id, from a pic chip to a bluetooth device. I've seen these caller id bracelets that display a number, and some even vibrate, when you get a call on your cell. So i was thinking it would be interesting to be able to send a custom number to one of these bracelets from a PIC chip. As an amateur radio operator I play around with building things a lot. Currently I am building my own repeater controller base on a pic chip. I started out with a PIC16F648A, but I just ordered some samples of a PIC16F917 to play with....more pins! So, it occured to me that I could possible integrate bluetooth into the repeater controller to send me alerts for things, such as; what CTCSS tone, if multiple are enabled, is keying up the repeater, possible error codes for loss of A/C power or other problems, and if I can figure out how to decode MDC with a PIC (that's probably a hard one, I know it can be done on a PC) then the MDC ID of the person that has keyed up.

Ok, so basically I'm wondering if anyone knows how this might be done easily. What chip would I use for bluetooth? What kind of info would have to be sent to/received from the chip to pair with the device and send it the caller id info?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back