Bluetooth and PIC chip for Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleLink

Hi, I'm new to PIC programming. I have basic programming language skills, so PIC Basic is working for me pretty well, but I'm sure there's still a lot I don't know, so please don't get mad if i get something wrong.

I had a though tonight about being able to send numbers, perhaps through the caller id, from a pic chip to a bluetooth device. I've seen these caller id bracelets that display a number, and some even vibrate, when you get a call on your cell. So i was thinking it would be interesting to be able to send a custom number to one of these bracelets from a PIC chip. As an amateur radio operator I play around with building things a lot. Currently I am building my own repeater controller base on a pic chip. I started out with a PIC16F648A, but I just ordered some samples of a PIC16F917 to play with....more pins! So, it occured to me that I could possible integrate bluetooth into the repeater controller to send me alerts for things, such as; what CTCSS tone, if multiple are enabled, is keying up the repeater, possible error codes for loss of A/C power or other problems, and if I can figure out how to decode MDC with a PIC (that's probably a hard one, I know it can be done on a PC) then the MDC ID of the person that has keyed up.

Ok, so basically I'm wondering if anyone knows how this might be done easily. What chip would I use for bluetooth? What kind of info would have to be sent to/received from the chip to pair with the device and send it the caller id info?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…