Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

blown Crown power amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

Along with the sub from the other thread the guy who last did the audio also killed this.. not too bad looking on top until you flip it over..

overloaded? Wrong impedance speakers? too many? So far it looks like I'm counting like at least 20 bad SMD resistors.. and that's just the resistors alone..

my board part number says PWA 127451-1

Attachments

• 130352-1_10-02_ce1-2_serv_revd.pdf
    15.7 MB · Views: 294
Last edited:
If those are the emitter degeneration resistors in series with the output devices, it's not surprising. The power devices usually fail and put a "short" across the power rails which would blow resistors. The schem shows a ton of 0.4 Ohm/ 1W resistors.

Last edited:
yep it is it's at least $50 worth of stuff not sure if its's worth it.. if I do try it would be just because I was curious.

I once fixed a commercial amp which five shops turned down. The components on one channel had puddled. It was like a 300 W/chan amp which had the output shorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back