Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blogs in ETO, what are they actually good for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
For the first time, today I landed on the Blogs part of ETO. My questions:

a) What do mean those with a title (some weird, to say the least) an 0 entries? Most, if not all, by non-regulars here. Some, they are way too simple statements probably not raising the hell of comments even if posted in a subforum where they would belong. Thinking of posting expecting the highest possible exposition, arent those "bloggers" best served by posting in one specific forum?

b) According to my habits in any forum, member or not, I use to go straight to any subforum whose title sounds of interest, not to "blogs". As long as the inhouse search function works, besides the omnipresent Google, posting in subforums seems more efective to leave a trace that a prospective browser could retrieve later.

c) While not a blogger myself, a blog, for me, is a page belonging to someone where he posts succesively, about varied matters according to his convenience, inspiration or... The Blogs section does not seem to work like that; scattered entries. What if I want to see all Eric, or Matt, or ... posted? The blog is not "blogger" centric.

The above are questions not complaints to change anything. Busy enough to command my own life and in the verge of loosing the battle sometimes...

hi Agustin,
The only way I know is to:
left click 'Blogs' on the top menu bar of this page.
Click on a photo, right hand side of page. [if one exists]
Click on the 'Profile Page' label.
Click 'Blog Entries'
phew!!!!

I wish the Mods would try to get Admin to service/maintain the software on this site.
I have complained before, but it's like peeing into the wind.!

Eric

I wish the Mods would try to get Admin to service/maintain the software on this site.
Hi Eric.... We haven't heard from them for quite some time.... We are, as they say, The proverbial " alone!!"

Hi Eric.... We haven't heard from them for quite some time.... We are, as they say, The proverbial " alone!!"

hi Ian,
Thanks for the response.

Perhaps I am over reacting, but sometimes I think that ETO is being deliberately left in a state of terminal decline, which would be sad considering how much work has been put in by the long serving members.

E

Hi Eric,

I, too, have repeatedly tried to contact the admins and my correspondence has been largely ignored for the past six months, at least. I don't know what they're doing but as Ian said, we are pretty much alone here without any administrative privileges.

atferrari I use the blogs simply to follow some of my projects, though I am a terrible blogger. I don't keep up with it and it's not really maintained, so I think all of my blogs are partial and I should probably just remove them.

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

I, too, have repeatedly tried to contact the admins and my correspondence has been largely ignored for the past six months, at least. I don't know what they're doing but as Ian said, we are pretty much along here without any administrative privileges.

atferrari I use the blogs simply to follow some of my projects, though I am a terrible blogger. I don't keep up with it and it's not really maintained, so I think all of my blogs are partial and I should probably just remove them.

I am about (with doubts) to resume my activity after a long impasse because I moved. Still in doubt if it is worth the effort to keep a blog or a simple page in the Web where I would add things from time to time.

After entering Blogs I found it discouraging, thus my post.

I hate to see knowledge and effort lost, vanishing into oblivion.

Its worth roughly $47K, but adding on the FB aspect etc then expect little change out of $90k unless they want rid.

ETO has done its job, its not a priority now.

Way back when it was sold I mentioned all this, because of the content its likely to drive traffic from google for a long time. So in a way its paid for itself and will continue to do so for a long time yet, why would you put much effort in now? I expect newer purchases are top the list and we are pretty far down.

Seems to bumble along ok anyway. ETO's main purpose is driving Social media traffic, its not great for that but manages to attract adds as a package. Would not be cheap to purchase it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back