Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

blocking DC signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzmeed

Hi

i have a square wave embedded in gaussian noise

i want to supress the dc component of the signal and pass the noise only can any one suggest a solution like using cap and how

regards
uzmeed

Any HS filter should do, given that filter is tuned for the frequenzy you decide.

Anyway, if the rise and fall time of the square wave is very short, then it will represent a high freq and it will most likely make a short spike at the output of your HS filter.

Last edited:
Do you need to block the square-wave signal also?

The basics:

The value of R and C must be tailored to the frequency of the square wave. Note the feed-through of the square-wave edges.

btw-the FFT of the two waveforms shown below are not very different, except at low frequencies, where the differentiator circuit suppresses them. If the goal is to do spectral processing, I'm not sure the square-wave effects it.

Attachments

• DF150.png
    DF150.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back