Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC motor not generating back E.M.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hello,
I have A2212-13 1000KV BLDC motor of Mystery company.
it is not generating a ack EMF which i have seen in PMDC motor.
the bldc has an ESC also which i am not using it.
please tell what to do of it?

Read up on the theory of brushless DC motors until you UNDERSTAND how they work.

Les

I have seen there is north south pole and 3phase window it should get some emf generated while rotating

A PM BLDC or AC motor should generate a 3ph wave form roughly equivalent to the voltage required to operate it at that particular RPM.
Are you sure it is 1000Kv?
Is it P.M.?
Max.

KV in RC terms is not the same as the customary definition.;)
1000Kv motor with 12vdc applied will turn at 12kRpm.
Max.

Oh, now it's clear you meant "volt" (i.e., V), not some other v. Or, maybe I should have added an emoji . ;) And yes, I was aware of the model specification that basically means rpm/V.

John

Yes, without the RC clarification, 1000Kv would imply the motor operates at 1000,000 volts!.
Max.

The brushless motor in my new model F-16 jet airplane is rated at 13500Kv, not 13500kV. When its 2-cells Li-Po battery powers it at 8.2V it runs its ducted fan at 81000RPM in my hand and much faster when flying fast.

Attachments

• F-16.png
    F-16.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 158
Where is the propeller motor in plane?
It is an impeller ducted fan and it is inside using the same air intake and exhaust as the jet turbine engine in a real jet airplane. The impeller has 5 blades and is 28mm in diameter. The powerful brushless motor is tiny.

Hello,
I have A2212-13 1000KV BLDC motor of Mystery company.
it is not generating a ack EMF which i have seen in PMDC motor.

Incidentally the motor will generate 3ph AC not DC if that is what you were attempting to measure.
Max.

Incidentally the motor will generate 3ph AC not DC if that is what you were attempting to measure.
I have connected the multi meter in measuring AC and DC .
anyway how to measure 3phase.

A jet engine is a jet turbine that compresses incoming air with some impellers, mixes it with fuel and it burns creating thrust. For more thrust they shoot more fuel into the output which is called an afterburner and you can see the fire coming out.

Attachments

• jet turbine.jpg
    jet turbine.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 159
A jet engine is a jet turbine that compresses incoming air with some impellers, mixes it with fuel and it burns creating thrust. For more thrust they shoot more fuel into the output which is called an afterburner and you can see the fire coming out.
How they mix fuel with blades ?
how blades rotates which engine is that 4 or 2 stroke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back