Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC motor control using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know how to control a Brushless DC motor with an 8051uC. I googled it but didnt find much useful things..

I saw that small bldc motors are usually attached to a Electronic Speed Controller. An ESC has three leads. Two of which are connected to the battery. For a wireless plane I saw that the third terminal was connected to the receiver on board.

So am i supposed to connect the third terminal to the 8051? If yes, then what kind of signal should I give on the lead to control the speed?

Your understanding is incorrect. BLDC motors do not work like that, you can't not directly drive one from a micro controller.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brushless_DC

The exact time of motor you have will determine how it's driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back