Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC motor circuit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wat

Now, I am doing a project about soymilk maker. I have decided to use BLDC motor instead of universal motor in the circuit design. Speed control is needed in my design. Does anyone have any related circuit design about BLDC motor. I cant distinguish which one is helpful or not as I know little about BLDC motor. I will use simple power electronics in my design. Can anyone help me? Thanks~ :)

Someone Electro said:
This type of motors wont work whith PWM and stuff like that.

Err yes BLDC works with PWM

what kind of BLDC is it, is it trapizoidal or sinusoidal flux shaping?

it is trapizoidal flux shaping...I need any type of circuit diagram about BLDC motor....Can anyone suggest some valuable websites to me?

wat said:
it is trapizoidal flux shaping...I need any type of circuit diagram about BLDC motor....Can anyone suggest some valuable websites to me?

Ahh good that will servelty simplify the PWM stage.

A few more questions though (BLDC are not that east to control)

How many phases is it?

you mention speed control: does it need to be a 4-quadrant drive?

equally how accurate does the speed-control need to be?
Can you get away with running the machine open-loop (since a BLDC is just a syncronous machine) or do you also need torque-control (ie do you need to control downto low speed)

if the latter, what speed sensor do you have?
or do you have a position sensor and goin to infer speed?

Thank you for your comment.
In fact, it is only a dummy project....I need not to buy anything. What I needed to do in this project is to show my supervisor with BLDC motor with speed control. The supervisor knows nothing about motor as he comes from mechanical department. Can anyone provide me any circuit related to BLDC speed control? I have tried hard to find any circuit related to BLDC motor but in vain.
Here are some of my findings:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/10/doc2592.pdf
**broken link removed**
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/KA/KA2822CD.pdf
There are still more provided in the below website
**broken link removed**
The aim of my project is to have a simple and cheap circuit. All the designs I found are expensive and complicated...Can anyone give me any suggestion and circuit diagram? Thanks :oops:

sarang!! What is the Cost of that CHIP LB11690. have u used it before. is it will be good for 25Amps motor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back