Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blanking MS zero digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGCB

I'm using a simple 2 digit multiplexing routine with 2 7-segment displays controlled by a 16f84a. It would look much cleaner if the most significant digit were blanked instead of displaying a zero. How is this done if it's posible? Thanks. Aaron

I don't understand but maybe I didn't give enough info. I'm counting switch closures with tmr0 and using digbyte macro to separate digits, then display on 2 7-segs. It would be nice if the tens digit was dark until it is needed (for that matter it would also be nice if the ones digit was dark at the beginning when no number is displayed).

if you can post code it will be a plus because i can quickly make a simulation and show you what i mean

Is it Common Anode or Common Cathode?

Last edited:
I guess I figured it out. Atomsoft's confirmation that it could be done and Nigel's few words got me to thinking. I did a comparison of the ms digit with zero and tested for the z flag. Thanks for your input!!!

This is a toy basketball portion of a treasure hunt game for my grandkids. When they make ten baskets the next clue is dropped and noise is made.

Aaron

I guess I figured it out. Atomsoft's confirmation that it could be done and Nigel's few words got me to thinking. I did a comparison of the ms digit with zero and tested for the z flag. Thanks for your input!!!

Pretty simple isn't it? - I did a similar thing for a number displayed on an LCD, added a flag you could set which caused it to blank all leading zero's, except for one on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back